We’re hiring Intermediate and Senior Interior Designers
Serving the Ottawa area for more than 30 years, Parallel 45 is a full-service commercial interior design firm utilizing creative collaboration and great partnerships to generate real results. At Parallel 45, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
Parallel 45 is seeking intermediate and senior Interior Designers with 2+ years experience.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
As the successful candidate your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare design development presentations
- Prepare contract drawings, details and sketches from conceptual design through to construction
- Interest in mentorship, guidance and direction from experienced team members
- Liaising with multidisciplinary project teams
- Assist with and/or manage contract administration services
- Assist in performing building code analysis
- Work within tight deadlines
- Support good policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety
- Research and compiling construction material samples
- Assist in the printing, assembly, circulation and filing of project documents
- Diploma or Degree from an accredited Interior Design Program
- Member in good standing with ARIDO and working towards your NCIDQ accreditation
- 2-3 years experience in commercial interior design
- Knowledge of FF&E, colour and material selection
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative and team-conscious
- Self-starting, responsible, and highly motivated individual
- Manage several concurrent projects from start to finish
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code and the permit application process
- Working knowledge of interior construction process and products
- Administrative processes of project administration
- 3D Sketch-up skills
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license an asset
Please submit work samples along with your resume and cover letter.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and work samples in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.